Omentielva Lempea: Haiku Contest
- View SourceThe Fifth International Conference on J.R.R. Tolkien's Invented
Languages, Omentielva Lempea, is inviting participation in an
Elvish Haiku Contest.
How to submit:
* The haiku must be written in either Quenya or Sindarin.
* An English translation must be provided.
* The topic is free. Still, although the topic is free, please
do not write about legendary topics (even from Tolkien's
tales). A haiku is about the world around you and the present
* Each participant can submit a maximum of two haiku.
* With your haiku, please provide your full name and address
(even if you write under a pen-name, we must know who you
* The haiku must be written in the body of the mail -- no mail
* Your submission is to be sent to: <haiku@...>
The deadline is July 31, 2013.
How this contest will work:
The haiku received will be distributed on anonymous lists to the
participants of the Conference and they will be invited to vote.
The organizers of this contest may submit, but will not be allowed
Announcement of winners:
The results will be announced at the conference, and afterwards on
Omentielva's website. The 3 best haiku will be rewarded with a
small gift, and will be published with the conference proceedings
in the fifth volume of Arda Philology.
Information about Omentielva Lempea: <www.omentielva.com\next.htm>
With greetings from the Omentielva secretary
Beregond, Anders Stenström
- View SourceRegistration for the next Omentielva conference, which will
take place in Helsinki 8-11 August, will be kept open until
To find all information about Omentielva Lempea, go to
<www.omentielva.com/next.htm>. A page with practical
information about locations etcetera is in the process of
Beregond, Anders Stenstr�m
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]