Announcing _Vinyar Tengwar_ 50

  • Carl
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2013
      Thanks to a long year-end break and the easing up of professional obligations, I am pleased to announce that the long-awaited 50th issue of _Vinyar Tengwar_ is nearing completion. _VT_ 50 contains my presentation and analysis of the "Túrin Wrapper", featuring a set of three untranslated Sindarin texts from the (probably early) 1950s pertaining to the "Túrinssaga".

      I hope to have the issue completed, printed, and mailed off by March 1.

      Please note that henceforth issues of _Vinyar Tengwar_ will be available only through the online, print-on-demand publisher Lulu.com, which currently also publishes the various volumes of "The Collected _Vinyar Tengwar_": http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/elf . Once _VT_ 50 has been mailed, I will be adding it to, and thus completing, volume 5 of "The Collected _Vinyar Tengwar_".

      Current subscribers to _VT_ please note: if you have moved in the years since _VT_ 49 was published, please email me (directly: Aelfwine@...) as soon as possible with you current mailing address. And thank you very much for your long patience!

      Carl F. Hostetter
    • Morgan Thomsen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2013
        May I ask you for a clarification on how to access issue 50 if you are
        not a subscriber? I bought (the incomplete) Vol. 5 some years ago and
        I'm thus hoping to just add issue 50. Will my only option be to buy a
        new Vol. 5, or will the new issue be offered on Lulu.com as a single
        print?

        Best wishes,

        Morgan Thomsen

        [Those who are not current subscribers can obtain a copy of _VT_ 50 by sending $4 to me, preferably via PayPal payment to Aelfwine@... . Be sure to include your name and postal address.

        Please do so quickly, though, as I will have to freeze the print-run size very soon.

        Carl]
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2013
          Another update:

          I have my subscriber database for _VT_ up to date. If you are uncertain whether your subscription is current, you can check the status as I have it at:

          http://elvish.org/members.html

          Please contact me directly (Aelfwine@...) if you have any questions or updates.

          Thanks,

          Carl F. Hostetter