Omentielva Nelya: Call for Papers

  • Beregond, Anders Stenström
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2009
      For Omentielva Nelya we call for scholarly papers on all aspects of
      any or all of Tolkien's invented languages, in any or all of their
      conceptual stages.

      The proceedings of the conference will be published in the third volume
      of Arda Philology, to appear in 2010.

      To propose a paper, send an abstract to Beregond, Anders Stenström, the
      Omentielva Secretary. Do not make the abstract too short; a couple of
      hundred words will normally be needed (but it of course depends on the
      complexity of your subject). You do not need to have your conclusions
      all worked out in the proposal, but delineate how you intend to reach
      them. Append a short presentation of yourself (four lines or less).
      Specify which sources you will rely on, and whether you will discuss any
      previous studies.

      We expect the presentation of a paper to take 40 minutes. But we aim at
      a single-thread programme, and so can accommodate papers of varying
      length. Please specify how long you expect to speak, and any technical
      equipment you need. Be prepared for questions and discussion at the end
      of your presentation.

      Copyright or similar considerations may apply. For publication, you have
      to provide a copy of your paper in which all quotation is highlighted
      and the source given.

      Append a short presentation of yourself (four lines or less).

      If you wish to submit a paper but can not attend the conference, you may
      send a paper to be read and discussed. In the latter case, state any
      directions or preferences you may have for the presentation.

      [Anders Stenström]

      Information about Omentielva Nelya: <www.omentielva.com>