Re: Quenya perfect active participle

  • Hans Georg Lundahl
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14 8:08 AM
      I have another kind of clue, Thorsten.

      Tolkien was a fan of Nordic languages, he may well have made a calque of the procedure where past participles like "g´┐Żngen, kommen" are "active" = intransitive, because the verb is intransitive and as such cannot have a personal passive.

      But if anyone with access to the original note has more to say, so be it.