942Re: [Lambengolmor] "Tolkien in Oxford"

  • Beregond. Anders Stenstr�m
    Oct 28, 2006
      Carl F. Hostetter wrote:

      > The note in green at the bottom of the sheet appears to read:
      >
      > "[?Shown over] some explanations. A is a transliteration of English,
      > [?that thus] happens not to be very decorative [?since lacking] the [?
      > <a-_tehta_> = a]. B is a translation into Elvish (Quenya)"

      I read the first line and a half in this way:

      "Here {or "Above"?} are some specimens. A is a transliteration
      of English. But this happens "

      [Aha! I think you've go it. CFH]

      With some luck, the reproduction in the printed catalogue is
      large enough to allow a more certain reading.

      Suilad,

      Beregond
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic