582Re: Pronunciation and writing of _r_ in Quenya

  • Hans Georg Lundahl
    Jan 5, 2004
      As far as I can see, unless my memory fails me - confining my knowledge to appendices of _LotR_ - the _rómen_ is an R as pronounced in _perro_ in Castille and the _óre_ an R as pronounced in _perro_ in some parts of South America - as the French pronounce J. Confirming this, Tolkien used _óre_ for English mute/Western R. I do not know if either was ever pronounced as R in _peró_ in Castille.

      Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor