56Re: [Lambengolmor] Re: Yet more on voiced stops

  • Candon McLean
    Jun 8, 2002
      Ivan and Fredrik both wrote that phonetic analysis isn't relevant to
      phonemes (or something similar to that effect).

      I agree. My mistake. Indeed sounds like [tS] are phonemes.

      The point I was trying to make is that these kind of complex phonemes
      with coarticulated sounds can't be split, and so if we wanted to test
      whether Quenya clusters are phonemic or not, we should be able to do
      so by focusing on the coarticulated properties of these sounds (like
      affricates, etc).

      Candon

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic