27Re: [Lambengolmor] "Quenya of _Namaarie_"

  • Arden R. Smith
    May 31, 2002
      Boris Shapiro wrote:

      > In a message on Elfling Pavel has argued that there could be no
      > general "Namaarie-style Quenya", for that particular phase of Quenya
      > begins and ends with "Namaarie" and in any other sole piece of
      > Quenya text there is already a somehow different Quenya.

      Even in the case of "Namárie" we're dealing with two different
      Quenyas: the first edition version in which _vánier_ was presumably
      grammatically correct, and the second edition version in which
      _avánier_ is "the more correct (perfect) form" (see R 1st ed. 58, 2nd
      ed. 66).

      Arden R. Smith erilaz@...

      Perilme metto aimaktur perperienta.
      --Elvish proverb