134Re: [Lambengolmor] [LDB] Analysis of _Elen Síla..._ - erratum

  • Boris Shapiro
    Jul 25, 2002
      Aiya!

      Oops, an error of mine:

      > So members of syntagmas define or are defined in several syntagmas,
      > and only the subject of a sentence comprises a single syntagma in
      > which it is the definitive. That's why it is called absolute
      > definitive. Here "elen" is not defined by anything.

      Vice-versa: the subject of a sentence is the member of a syntagma that
      does not define anything (in any of syntagmata it is include in) and
      therefore it is called absolute defined (or -able, I'm short of
      English terminology).

      Namaarie! S.Y., Elenhil Laiquendo

      : linde nar i oomar tolesse vanwa yaamala :
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic