1097Omentielva Cantea: Call for Papers

  • "Beregond, Anders Stenström"
    Jul 8 3:49 AM
      The Fourth International Conference on J.R.R. Tolkien’s Invented
      Languages, Omentielva Cantea, takes place in Valencia, Spain, on
      11 - 14 August 2011.
      For this conference we call for scholarly papers on all aspects
      of any or all of Tolkien's invented languages, in any or all of
      their conceptual stages.
      The proceedings of the conference will be published in the fourth
      volume of Arda Philology, to appear in 2012. (The third volume is
      in progress and will appear in 2010.)

      To propose a paper, send an abstract to Beregond, Anders Stenström,
      the Omentielva Secretary. Do not make the abstract too short; a couple
      of hundred words will normally be needed (but it of course depends on
      the complexity of your subject). You do not need to have your
      conclusions all worked out in the proposal, but delineate how you
      intend to reach them. Append a short presentation of yourself (four
      lines or less). Specify which sources you will rely on, and whether
      you will discuss any previous studies.
      We expect the presentation of a paper to take 40 minutes. But we aim
      at a single-thread programme, and so can accommodate papers of varying
      length. Please specify how long you expect to speak, and any technical
      equipment you need. Be prepared for questions and discussion at the end
      of your presentation.
      Copyright or similar considerations may apply. For publication, you
      have to provide a copy of your paper in which all quotation is
      highlighted and the source given.
      Append a short presentation of yourself (four lines or less).

      If you wish to submit a paper but can not attend the conference, you
      may send a paper to be read and discussed. In the latter case, state
      any directions or preferences you may have for the presentation.

      Information about Omentielva Nelya: <www.omentielva.com>

      Send paper proposals, and related enquiries, to:
      <beregond@...>.