1057Etym.: For _mistrad_ read _mistiad_ (V:373 s.v MIS-)

    Jul 13, 2008
      A recent discussion on the "sindict" mailing list* raised the question
      of whether the reading _mistrad_ given in _The Etymologies_ at V:373
      s.v. MIS- might be an error. Having looked again at (my photocopy of)
      the manuscript, and at some other, contemporary documents on Noldorin,
      I can now say with high confidence that the correct reading is
      _mistiad_.

      So, as an addendum to my and Patrick Wynne's "Addenda and Corrigenda
      to the _Etymologies_", Part One, in _Vinyar Tengwar_ 45, p. 35 s.v.
      MIS- add:

      "[for:] _mistrad_ [read:] _mistiad_."

      Carl