system went south, HD failed

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 1999
      Hi,

      Had a complete system crash of a 16 month old JTS Champion Family C
      4300-3AS
      IDE drive on the linuxatlax.org server.

      We have the critical files backed up to an off-site area plus the backup
      Quantum Fireball drive (hdb in this case). I had some problems with
      booting off
      of that drive but was able to get it going with the proper boot command.
      BTW the
      SuSE 6.2 CDROM is a very good recovery disk!

      (never imagined this would happen- guess it might have been possible to
      do
      software raid- but I don't have know how to manage that).

      I guess the JTS drive should be under warranty- unlike their stock
      valuation ;)

      I'll work on the system some more and I would expect to have the files
      and backups
      complete and in place by tomorrow.

      Thanks,