LUG Fest

  • Gareth J. Greenaway
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 1999
      Just wanted to get a general idea of how many people from each group were
      planning to attend the LUG Fest or if anyone else wants to volunteer.
      Just a reminder that if you wanna volunteer for something you dont need to
      know all the ins and outs of it, its not how to install it, just how to
      make it look good doing what its doing. So if someone from each
      group could pass off a little thing about the LUG Fest asking how many
      people from each group were planning to attend, then email me a total or
      something so I can get a good idea of how many people will be there, that
      would be great! Thanks folks.

      Gareth J. Greenaway | gareth@...
      "Do you think you're God? God, Root, what is difference?"
    • gareth@xxxxx.xxxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2000
        Okay folks, its the New Year and I haven't seen any activity from any of
        the other lalugs in regard to the LUG Fest which is scheduled for March
        18th. We've gotten a bunch of sponsors and are expecting more before the
        day of the event. However, I haven't seen any indication from any of the
        other lugs as to wheter anyone from there is planning to attend or wishes
        to demo something there. Has anyone notified their repsective LUG? And if
        so what was the response? Positive? Negative? Non-existant? Anyways, just
        curious. Lemme know.

        Gareth J. Greenaway
        SCLUG - http://www.sclug.org
        LUG Fest - http://lugfest.sclug.org
      • Frank Keeney
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2000
          Gareth,

          I'm interested.

          I'm in the SGVLUG, I have my own company, Pasadena Networks, Inc. where I
          support Linux amoung other platforms.

          I'd like to be involved. I'd like to show the following:

          The total Linux office:

          Linux file and print services for Linux and MS Windows computers.
          StarOffice and document sharing between MS Windows and Linux.
          Linux mail server and firewall for the Internet.

          How many people do you expect to visit the show?

          Frank

          Okay folks, its the New Year and I haven't seen any activity from any of
          the other lalugs in regard to the LUG Fest which is scheduled for March
          18th. We've gotten a bunch of sponsors and are expecting more before the
          day of the event. However, I haven't seen any indication from any of the
          other lugs as to wheter anyone from there is planning to attend or wishes
          to demo something there. Has anyone notified their repsective LUG? And if
          so what was the response? Positive? Negative? Non-existant? Anyways, just
          curious. Lemme know.

          Gareth J. Greenaway
          SCLUG - http://www.sclug.org
          LUG Fest - http://lugfest.sclug.org

          Hey Freelancers: Find your next project through JobSwarm!
          You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends.

          and reply to the confirmation email we send you.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2000
            gareth@... wrote:

            > Okay folks, its the New Year and I haven't seen any activity from any of
            > the other lalugs in regard to the LUG Fest which is scheduled for March
            > 18th. We've gotten a bunch of sponsors and are expecting more before the
            > day of the event. However, I haven't seen any indication from any of the
            > other lugs as to wheter anyone from there is planning to attend or wishes
            > to demo something there. Has anyone notified their repsective LUG? And if
            > so what was the response? Positive? Negative? Non-existant? Anyways, just
            > curious. Lemme know.
            >
            > Gareth J. Greenaway
            > SCLUG - http://www.sclug.org

            I certainly wouldn't want to miss your next LUG Fest- the one last year
            was terrific. Should I make an annoucement this Sat at the Linuxatlax
            meeting?

            BTW looking forward to seeing as many folks as possible at the next
            lilax
            meeting ( see http://www.linuxatlax.org for details)as the folks from
            Ecrix will be putting on a good show- plus giving away a very nice high
            end backup drive. (they claim that the VXA tape drive tape drive can
            restore data from tapes "that have been
            boiled, frozen, and dunked in hot coffee." )

            thanks,

            Ismet
          • gareth@xxxxx.xxxx
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 9, 2000
              Just to let everyone know there are now flyers available for lug fest
              promotion, http://lugfest.sclug.org/lugfest-flyer/flyer.html . Also,
              Loki games has informed me that they will be attended and demoing Quake
              III Arena as well as others.

              Gareth