network slowdown bugfix

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 1999
      Both I and Clay were hit by a network slowdown bug
      that seemed to happen on systems with Masq enabled.
      We're both using cable modems, so we were quite unhappy
      when our pings to the ISP went up to 1000 to 5000ms.
      If any of your members are suffering from this, the
      fix is to add a single line (h->forw = NULL;) to the
      kernel source and recompile; see
      http://kernelnotes.org/lnxlists/linux-kernel/lk_9909_04/msg00406.html
      or http://www.kegel.com/mediaone.html for more details.
      (The above is my opinion alone, and not that of my employer)