Linuxatlax- El Segundo Presents "Using Open Source in Local

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 1999
      Hi ,

      I thought that you might be interested in our speaker series on Sat.
      November 13, 1999 10:30 to 12:00, Matsui meeting center- El Segundo
      Library.

      "Using Open Source in Local Governments"

      Robert Shingledecker will review Garden Grove's
      Information Systems (a division of the Controller's
      Office) They manage a Linux/Samba/D3 Network
      that consists of 6 production Linux Servers and over
      320 Window 95/Linux Desktop Clients.
      http://www.ci.garden-grove.ca.us/internet/is_story/isindex.html

      A working server network example will be setup as well as ample
      time for folks to question the Mr. Shingledecker.

      Following this the usual Linux and opensource software installations
      and trouble shooting sessions will follow until 2:30- please refer to
      http://www.linuxatlax.org for details and directions to the
      session.

      Please feel free to pass this on as you see fit. Send any questions
      my way. Thanks.

      Ismet

      Manhattan Beach Physicians Medical Corp.
      855 Manhattan Beach Blvd. Suite 204
      Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
      ibk@...