LUG Fest!

  • Gareth J. Greenaway
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 1999
      <snip this before forwaring>
      Well here is the final plan and its all setup. So long as everyone
      participates this thing could be huge and could really take off. I Hope
      to see people from all the LUGs there. If one person from each group could
      please forward this to your respective LUG, without this information, I'd
      really appreciate it. Thanks guys!
      </end snip>

      <begin forward>
      Come one, come all to the first ever LUG Fest! What is it? The idea behind
      the LUG Fest is for all the local LUGs, (LALUGs) to meet in a central
      location and have multiple demonstrations related to Linux. The
      demonstrations are done by anyone who wants to volunteers to do one on a
      topic they feel they have knowledge,expertise or experience in. The
      location for the LUG Fest will be the regular meeting of SCLUG. More
      information is located at http://www.sclug.org/lugfest.html, along with
      how to sign up to demo something. We hope to see lots of people from
      every LUG there!

      Gareth J. Greenaway
      SCLUG
    • Gareth J. Greenaway
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 1999
        Just thought i'd let everyone know that the next LUG Fest has been planned
        (well the date has been set anyways) nothing is really ready but the date
        for it will be March 18th, 2000. More info to follow. Someone from
        each group might wanna post something to each group about it so we can
        get signups earlier. The last LUG Fest (for those that didnt attend) went
        really well and although there werent as many people as I expected or
        hoped, I think everyone there had fun and learned alot, hopefully the next
        one will be even better!

        Also if anyone wanted to keep up with SCLUG activities, we now have a new
        calendar setup (http://www.sclug.org/calendar.cgi).

        Thanks everyone!

        Gareth J. Greenaway | gareth@...
        "Do you think you're God? God, Root, what is difference?"