Re: Microsoft vs. Unix in the schools

  • juziel@xxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 1999
      Hey... why do you think I started the UCLA LUG? ;)
      The UNIX exposure CS majors get there is quite lacking...

      School isn't in session at UCLA yet... but it will be very
      soon. When it is, any help anyone wants to give... any
      talks or classes, etc. is definitely welcome.

      On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Dan Kegel wrote:

      > From: Dan Kegel <dank@...>
      >
      > An interesting read:
      > http://207.178.22.52/articles/currents/007.html
      >
      > Perhaps one of our projects in the future could
      > be to somehow assist universities to plan and set up
      > Linux-based network servers? There ought to
      > be some sort of educational outreach we can do...
      > - Dan
      >
      > (Thanks to Angel Hernandez for posting this to the Lilax list)
      > --
      > (The above is my opinion alone, and not that of my employer)
      >
      > > Los Angeles Linux User Groups

      | Joshua Uziel (juziel@...) -- http://linux.ucla.edu/~uzi/ |
      |This message has been encrypted with ROT-26 encoding for your safety.|