Joint Installfest (was: Idea (leaders of LUGs read, other disregard))

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 1999
      "Gareth J. Greenaway" wrote:
      > Like I mentioned before, I run the SCLUG (Simi Conejo Linux Users Group),
      > we are a normal LUG, we have meetings, install fests, and the like. Our
      > next scheduled install fest if October 23. What we were thinking (primary
      > me) was to make it a LALUG install fest, basically inviting all the other
      > LUGs to participate. Ive already spoken to a couple people from UCLALUG
      > and they seem interested.

      We're all interested in that kind of thing. Let's see - how
      does that date mesh with other groups?
      Oct 23rd is the day before LULA's monthly installfest
      (the Sunday after the third Thursday), but we could probably
      do both. I'll ask the guys at the installfest today.

      I would hesitate to call it an LALUGS event, though. Let's not
      use LALUGS's name on events for a while... LALUGS is
      about promoting the individual lugs, not itself.

      (BTW, I rather like the SCLUG web site, it's very clean.)

      (The above is my opinion alone, and not that of my employer)