SCALE 2x

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2003
      The Second Annual Southern California Linux Expo

      (SCALE 2x)

      Mark your calendars! The Linux Expo ofSouthern California,a joint effort
      of the USC, UCLA, and Simi-Conejo Linux Users Groups, is proud to
      announce the second annual Southern California Linux Expo, scheduled for
      November 22nd, 2003 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

      Last year's Expo was a tremendous success, with over 600 people
      attending. The success of SCALE was in no small part due to the great
      participation from LUGs and other non-profits. We hope to expand upon
      that participation in SCALE 2x!

      If your LUG or non-profit participated last year, you know what fun
      SCALE was. If they didn't, you missed a great opportunity to show off
      your skills!

      Start planning now for SCALE 2x! Submit your booth requests/ideas/themes
      to Gareth Greenaway (gareth@...). He'll approve them and more
      importantly, make sure there's minimal duplication among the
      presentations.

      SCALE also plans to acknowledge outstanding efforts by creating a custom
      set of icons for display on the web sites of those who have excelled.
      While not cast in concrete, here are some categories that will be
      acknowledged at SCALE 2x:

      Best Overall Commercial Booth, SCALE 2003�

      Best Overall Non-profit Booth, SCALE 2003� (includes LUGs)

      Best Non-profit Presentation, SCALE 2003�

      Best non-profit Educational handout, SCALE 2003�

      Best Commercial Handout, SCALE 2003� (aka schwag).

      Ideas for other categories will cheerfully be considered!

      Watch http://www.socallinuxexpo.comfor info on SCALE 2x!
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2003
        gareth@... wrote:
        > Mark your calendars! The Linux Expo ofSouthern California,a joint effort
        > of the USC, UCLA, and Simi-Conejo Linux Users Groups, is proud to
        > announce the second annual Southern California Linux Expo, scheduled for
        > November 22nd, 2003 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

        I've updated http://lalugs.org with this info.

        BTW, Gareth, I see the CFP web page,
        http://www.socallinuxexpo.com/cfp.php,
        but a CFP announcement needs to be sent out, too.

        FWIW I'd send the CFP to comp.os.linux.announce and lwn@...
        if you haven't already.

        Dan Kegel
        http://www.kegel.com