Re: [linux-forum] Re: [usclug-chat] Re: [Lula] Re: Red Hat coming to town Nov 12th - need auditorium

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2002
      kilroy wrote:
      > We could likely get a room for them. I read Nov. 12th but I
      > didn't catch if they want it for a full day, evening or morning?

      Probably late afternoon. I'm guessing 3PM - 6PM: 3PM for setup,
      4PM event starts; 5PM event turns into schmoozefest; 6PM all done.

      Capacity 60 or 90 would be good... that room you used for the Eric Raymond
      talk a couple years ago would be fine.

      Thanks,
      Dan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2002
        kilroy wrote:
        > I'm working on getting the same room we had for Eric Raymond reserved
        > 3pm-6pm. The Southern California Linux Expo is keeping many of our lug
        > members busy over here since it is a lug heavy event. USCLUG can likely
        > get a room ...

        Great, thanks! Two changes:
        1. we don't need the hour setup beforehand (the LPBN interview will
        be at another site).
        2. I was reminded that it would be hard for many people to attend
        a 4PM event. (Also, the Red Hat guys expressed a mild preference
        for a later time slot.) If we have the informal part at 5 or 6PM, and
        the roundtable at 6 or 7 PM, we might get higher attendance.
        So my preference might be to reserve the room from 6PM to 8PM.
        What do others think?

        > but we need other lugs to do the leg work for the event since
        > we are spread thin.

        I have preliminary publicity up at http://www.lalugs.org, and Red Hat
        will have some up at http://www.redhat.com soon. Don't worry,
        we know you're all busy with SCALE.

        > It would be great if the Caltech guys continue pursuing a room in case we
        > can not come through with one.

        Indeed. We may also be able to get a place at CSU Dominguez Hills,
        but let's try for USC or Caltech first, those names might draw
        more people.