Re: [Lula] Re: Red Hat coming to town Nov 12th - need auditorium

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2002
      Steve B. wrote:
      > Reading the parking lot comment makes me think of where LiLAX meets.
      > Creative Computers/eLinux has a HUGE parking lot that would have room
      > for cars and a place for the Red Hat people to hang out and talk to
      > people. But for it to work they would need to come a few days earlier
      > so it would be on the weekend. I the local Linux groups couple share
      > costs for renting a stage and sound system, this could really be a big
      > event.

      Yes, that parking lot is a nice size, but I'm afraid the date is
      a bit inflexible now; Red Hat just wrote me to say they'll definitely
      be here Tuesday Nov 12th. I'm kind of leaning towards the kind
      of places that Eric Raymond spoke at a couple years ago - those
      seminar rooms at Caltech and USC were about the right size.
      (Can someone from Caltech or USC volunteer to check on availability?)

      Red Hat suggested a round table style event; I'm trying to find
      university or corporate IT managers who would like to participate.
      The topic should probably be something like
      "What's stopping us from deploying Linux at our organization"
      Red Hat's engineers would be there to answer questions, and perhaps
      take feedback back home.

      If you're a CIO, IT manager, or a system administrator for > 50 desktops,
      and you'd like to be on the panel, please write me at dank@....
      It'll be a public event, and I'll try to arrange for a big crowd...