Southern California Linux Expo\!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2002
      Greetings,
      We would like to extend an invitation to all Linux and open source enthusiasts
      to attend the Southern California Linux Expo. This event is being hosted by the
      USC LUG, Simi-Conejo Valley LUG and the UCLA LUG.

      Currently admission will be around $70 per person. This will include admission to the conference, to the exhibit hall, to all the talks and includes a gourmet buffet lunch. User groups may contact us to discuss group rates. This event is non-proft and all funds go towards the event's expenses.

      We are also inviting the various Linux & and other open source OS user groups torun a booth at the expo with the option of presenting a couple applications or concepts that are not already being displayed by the attending vendors. If your group is interested please contact me directly.

      Attendees: End users, Developers and IT Professionals.

      Current Sponsors:
      MSC Software
      Linux Journal
      Sun Microsystems
      IBM (tbd)
      AWL
      Systems Administrator Magazine
      O'Reilly (tbd)

      Some notable speakers:
      Rasmus Lerdorf (creator of PHP)
      Marc Hamilton (Sun Microsystems)
      Jay Clark (MSC Linux)
      J. P. Lewis (USC's IMSC)
      Darren Moffat (Sun's Solaris Security Technologies Group)
      Daniel Morales (Vice-President of MandrakeSoft North America)

      Date: November 2nd, 2002
      Location: Davidson Conference Center on the University of Southern
      California campus
      Time: All day conference

      Please visit our web site for additional conference information
      http://www.socallinuxexpo.com/

      Best regards,
      Gareth J. Greenaway
      Southern California Linux Expo

      PS. Please pass this along anywhere applicable. Thanks.