Re: [lalugs] SCLUG BBQ!

  • John Wenger
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2002
      gareth@... wrote:

      >Hey guys. Its time again for another SCLUG BBQ, we're planning to have
      >one following the meeting on the 14th of September. The meeting will
      >run until 5 or 5:30 then we'll meet up at Orv Beach's house for the BBQ
      >(directions to follow). We'll also work out a list of what people
      >should bring.
      >
      >All other LALUG members are welcome, so feel free to pass this along to
      >respective LUGs.
      >

      > Gareth

      Aaarghh!! Do you know that this conflicts with the LILAX meeting on the
      same day? The meeting features a presentation by Mike Fair and Chris
      Smith about their email extravaganza, involving the integration of
      Postfix, Cyrus IMAP, SSL Authentication, Spam Assassin, and I am not
      sure what else.

      It would be really great if this time conflict could be resolved, so
      that people are not forced to choose between these two very attractive
      opportunities.

      John
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2002
        On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 08:18:39PM -0700, John Wenger wrote:
        > gareth@... wrote:
        >
        > Aaarghh!! Do you know that this conflicts with the LILAX meeting on the
        > same day? The meeting features a presentation by Mike Fair and Chris
        > Smith about their email extravaganza, involving the integration of
        > Postfix, Cyrus IMAP, SSL Authentication, Spam Assassin, and I am not
        > sure what else.

        We've tried to keep this conflict from happening before but it always
        seems to pop up. The BBQ is after the SCLUG meeting so it wont be
        until about 6pm. It looks like the LILAX meeting ends at 4pm, that
        gives you two hours to get to the BBQ. Could work.

        > It would be really great if this time conflict could be resolved, so
        > that people are not forced to choose between these two very attractive
        > opportunities.

        Again, we've tried to avoid conflicts but they always popup for
        whatever reason.

        --
        "I'm a 21st century digital boy, I don't know how to live but i've got
        a lot of toys."