Our youngest member + last minute announcement

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 1999
      Any of you who do come by tomorrow might meet our newest member.

      Anthony has been using his Mandrake Linux system for the last 3 months
      with no problems- BTW he is only 4 years old. He experienced a system
      crash for the first time during a power outage the other night. This was
      very upsetting as you can imagine.

      I have the system over here and was trying to fix it. Well after talking
      to his mom I decided to give him a new install of SuSE 6.2 as it has
      lots more games. Still don't have X running yet but should get it all
      together in time for tomorrow.

      The problem now is that his sister (9?) needs a system as well- so I was
      hoping that with various parts from the group we could put something
      together for her tomorrow. I've got various stuff- case, power supply,
      system memory, keyboard , mouse, graphics card- still need a MB and
      drive. If any one has anything to complete this system I am sure that it
      would be a big hit with the family! Hmm, I just dusted off some of those
      NEC boxes?

      I've got a bunch of stuff to give out tomorrow- I'll bring as much
      hardware and network stuff as I can carry, as well as the items from the
      vendors. (there are some last minute surprise give aways from various
      vendors that I got today, you'll all be very happy to hear about these!
      ).

      So come one, come all and in-stall- at the Linux Day Demo put on by
      Linuxatlax (www.linuxatlax.org).

      best regards,

      Ismet

      PS I just a case of Coke, as I recall there is a fridge there to keep
      them cold.