Re: [lalugs] Let's have some Microsoft Office users try Open Office...

  • J. Lucha
    Message 1 of 6 , May 22 11:23 PM
      Dan,

      We have decided not to sign up for Software Assurance 6.0 and are
      evaluating StarOffice.

      I'll let you know how it goes.

      If anyone is willing to write an extensive review with all the
      positives/negatives, and workaround solutions please let me know.
      I am starting a web site providing information on alternatives to
      Microsoft software, and am looking for contributions. Please contact
      me if you are interested in contributing.

      -Jim
    • Dafydd Walters
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23 6:58 AM
        > Just out of curiosity, what version did
        > you evaluate. Was it the StarOffice Beta, or
        > did you use OpenOffice?

        We were testing OpenOffice.org 1.0.