Re: [Lula] LUG PR at the Movie Apr 27/28

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 12:01 AM
      Art wrote:
      > Peter Benjamin wrote:
      > > I'll contact the theatre (I'll try that is) and make
      > > sure it is okay with them that local open source
      > > members will PR their local professional trade groups
      > > while in line for the movie.
      >
      > Yea, it would be a good idea to contact the theater...

      Peter, please let us know who you contact and what they say.

      I emailed the Digital Village People (ooh, that didn't come out right :-)
      about our Installfest, and offering to provide some info about the
      local linux scene, but they did not respond.

      > I can be there either or both days as necessary.
      > ... who the heck is co-ordinating this thing anyway?

      I have been coordinating, though I've been a little preoccupied.

      I (with much help from Sharon Lake, thanks!) used Scribus
      (http://freshmeat.net/projects/scribus/) to design a flyer,
      http://www.lula.org/flyers/lulaflyer3.pdf advertizing the Lula Installfest.
      (Comments welcome.)
      I'll print up a stack of them to hand out, and will be on
      the sidewalk in front of Laemmle's Monica on Saturday morning at 10AM
      to hand them out. Art, I'd be honored if you'd help. Anyone
      else who wants to come along and help, or just see the movie with us at 11AM,
      is welcome.
      I also plan to hand out free copies of Linux to interested people,
      and am coordinating with a few people to burn 20 or so copies.

      On Sunday, I'll be at the Installfest, but I'll be at the theater at 10AM
      briefly to hand a stack of flyers to whoever wants to do publicity
      duty that day (Art and ...?). Most of the remaining CDs should probably go
      to the Installfest on Sunday. I have to leave at 12:30 on Sunday, so
      I'll miss the tail end of the fun.

      So who's planning on coming?