8 pm chat about Linux Demo Day

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 1999
      There is chat session tonight at 8 PM on irc.dal.net, in the #lilax
      channel, re: Linuxatlax Sat meeting for Linux Demo Day. Plese join in if
      you are interested or would like to get involved in Sat's event.

      So far we have support from Loki, Caldera and LinuxCentral. SI-Graphics,
      Corel, Redhat and others have indicated support as
      well.

      As far as exhibitors there will be

      1. Demos of e-commerce solutions using Minivend
      2. Workstation solutions from various group members.
      3. Music and other multimedia demos
      4. Small Linux distributions (www.superant.com)
      5. Networking
      6. Software give aways and hopefully some "Frankenstein" systems
      built and given away during the day. ( please bring any hardware that
      you could give donate to the effort)

      I expect to hear from other vendors tomorrow and Friday.

      If any of you has interest in this please attend or tell any interested
      parties. (directions are on the meeting page over at
      www.linuxatlax.org).

      If you would like to present something to do with Linux or OpenSource
      software please come along! (don't forget about FreeBSD, NetBSD, etc...)

      Thanks for your interest and support.