MS-DOJ Settlment Public Comment Period.

  • ibaninerfan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2002
      Hi,

      Several weeks ago I learned about the public comment period regarding
      the Microsoft-DOJ settlement thanks to Dennis Powel and LinuxToday.

      In that time I've been trying to spread the word to others.

      I came across Dan Kegel's site with some more great info.

      We need to band together the resources of all the LUGS and spread the
      word, not just to fellow Linux users, but to everybody. This is an
      issue that has consequences even for people that don't use computers.

      I would like to see as many of our LUGS as we can join forces and
      spread the word to fellow citizens.

      One way is to try to get some media attention.

      Time is short, we need to act now!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2002
        ibaninerfan wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Several weeks ago I learned about the public comment period regarding
        > the Microsoft-DOJ settlement thanks to Dennis Powel and LinuxToday.
        >
        > In that time I've been trying to spread the word to others.
        >
        > I came across Dan Kegel's site with some more great info.
        >
        > We need to band together the resources of all the LUGS and spread the
        > word, not just to fellow Linux users, but to everybody. This is an
        > issue that has consequences even for people that don't use computers.
        >
        > I would like to see as many of our LUGS as we can join forces and
        > spread the word to fellow citizens.
        >
        > One way is to try to get some media attention.
        >
        > Time is short, we need to act now!

        Agreed. I'm trying to finish up the site you mentioned
        ( http://www.kegel.com/remedy/ )
        and have been considering a petition drive. Anyone who wants
        to help, please join the ms-remedy mailing list mentioned
        at that site.

        Thanks,
        Dan