[Fwd: [Lula] Dmitry Sklyarov, Hollywood Protest]

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2001
      Steve Redlich wrote:
      > A Federal Grand Jury on Tuesday added Conspiracy to Circumvention
      > Trafficking Charge against Dmitry Sklyarov.
      >
      > Dmitry's software, in addition to other fair use rights, allows
      > us to read E-books on Linux.
      >
      > Please read today's editorial at http://www.lwn.net/
      > or the Electronic Frontier Foundations' news release at
      > http://www.eff.org/IP/DMCA/US_v_Sklyarov/20010828_eff_sklyarov_elcomsoft_pr.html
      > for more information.
      >
      > Please see Local Events under http://la.freesklyarov.org/ for information
      > on today's local protest in Hollywood. The LA protest will coincide with
      > a protest march during Linux World in San Francisco as well as other
      > protests in the US and Moscow.
      >
      > Please repost this to other LA Lugs that have not been notified
      > of today's protests.
      >
      > It is important that we protest the Digital
      > Millenium Copyright and support Dmitry. The large media companies
      > behind the DMCA in their zeal to prevent unlawful copying, have
      > trampled on our rights to view media that we have purchased.

      From la.freesklyarov.org:

      Thursday, August 30

      5:00pm - 8:00pm

      Petition Signing and Flier Distro.
      We will meet at the Hollywood Public Library
      on Ivar, just one half block south of Hollywood
      Blvd. We will have clipboarded petitions and
      signs in hand and march the sidewalks of
      Hollywood Blvd providing information and
      gaining support.

      "I have seen the future, and it licks itself clean." -- Bucky Katt