[Sclug] Agenda for Saturday's meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2001
      FYI

      For the SCLUG meeting on Saturday, August 9, we're pleased to have Bob
      Sully presenting an overview of Netfilter/IPtables. This is the
      replacement for the venerable ipchains firewall, and is substantially
      more capable than ipchains. It should be an interesting session.

      After the session, we'll give away a few goodies.

      On a very serious note: from time to time people bring computers to the
      sessions, even though they're not formal Installfests. There's no
      problem with that. But if you have a computer that boots either NT4 or
      Win2K, or dual boots it, don't even think about booting it up while
      connected to our network. I AM DEADLY SERIOUS about this. If I find
      someone who's done that, you can be sure his gonads will be drying above
      the cafeteria door before the meeting is over. If that person happens
      to be female, it'll be some equally appropriate bodily part.. Nortel
      has had over 700 machines infected with Code Red 2, and if we brought
      another round of infection in because of some careless visitor to SCLUG,
      there would be total hell to pay, SCLUG could kiss off using the
      cafeteria, and I could probably kiss off my job. Have I made that
      clear enough?

      Looking forward to seeing everyone at the meeting! We'll do our usual
      pre-meeting pizza meeting at Vincenzo's, at 12:30. (Directions should
      be posted on the LUG site).

      Orv

      ----- End forwarded message -----