[Sclug] The summer harvest

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2001
      ----- Forwarded message from Orv Beach <w6bi@...> -----

      Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:10:58 -0700
      From: Orv Beach <w6bi@...>
      To: SCLUG <sclug@...>
      Subject: [Sclug] The summer harvest

      Weird topic for a LUG mailing list, huh?

      Here's the deal - we're cleaning out the labs of the Simi Nortel office
      as part of them shutting down the product line that formerly was
      developed there. The labs are mostly empty now. But we don't have the
      time or incentive to pull all the network cables out from under the
      floors of the labs.

      If there's someone out there representing an educational organization or
      501C3 (non-profit) that wants to take the time and effort to do it,
      you're welcome to the cables. We'd like to get the tax donation, but
      it's not absolutely imperative.

      I estimate there's 1-2 miles of network cables under the flooring. Most
      of it is Cat 5 and Cat 5e cabling (but a lot of it is Cat 3 telco, too,
      with a scattering of T1 and V.35.). All of it is less than 3 years old.

      Drop me a line if you're interested.

      Orv
      w6bi@...

      ----- End forwarded message -----