Re: [lalugs] Re: [Lilax] Loki software Linux games discount for user groups.

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28 5:20 AM
      John Wenger wrote:
      > Christopher Smith <x@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I just want to see how
      > > many parties out there are interested in getting Alpha Centauri and/or
      > > Tribes2 for Linux. There is a substantial discount for them if we can get
      > > 10+ people to order through a LUG (not to mention that both games are more
      > > fun when you can play against someone else ;-).
      > >
      > > I tried finding the LALUGS.Org mailing list, and I can't seem to find
      > > anything beyond LULA listed there. Is there a central point of contact?
      >
      > I really haven't used it since we did the Eric Raymond talks, but I
      > think you just post there as in any list. Dan Kegel is the canonical
      > contact since he set it up. I tried adding a cc to the old address at
      > onelist.com. Let's see if that still works.

      It does indeed.

      I'd be happy to help publicise the Loki deal on lalugs.
      (I know and like the guys at Loki; I knew Sam before Loki, and
      recommended him to Scott as his first hire.)

      Chris, do you volunteer to be the person collecting orders? Shall I write
      up some text for the lalugs site?
      - Dan
    • brian@zimage.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28 10:54 AM
        We at the SFVLUG are interested. Marc Provitt and I were talking about
        this discount just the other day, and I was thinking it would be nice to
        get other LUGs involved too. I am glad to see others had the same thought.

        Is there anything we can do to coordinate? If this becomes an official
        effort, I will put a notice on the site, send out a mailing, and announce
        it at our CSUN meeting Thursday.

        - Brian Ragazzi

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 28 10:58 AM
          Hey, I could contribute some schwag to the effort; something
          like "everyone who orders a game (and pays in advance :-) gets
          entered into a drawing for their own pet Ximian". (He's really cute, by
          the way. It's good schwag.)
          - Dan

        • brian@zimage.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 16, 2001
            Is anyone still heading this effort? Is anyone still interested?

            It looked like it was heading somewhere, and then discussion dropped off
            the face of the earth.

            Brian