Re: [Lilax] Loki software Linux games discount for user groups.

  • John Wenger
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 12:19 AM
      Christopher Smith wrote:

      > --On Friday, April 27, 2001 22:44:13 -0700 John Wenger
      > <johnwenger@...> wrote:
      > > Christopher Smith wrote:
      > >> I thinking I posted to 1 or both of these lists. I just want to see how
      > >> many parties out there are interested in getting Alpha Centauri and/or
      > >> Tribes2 for Linux. There is a substancial discount for them if we can get
      > >> 10+ people to order through a LUG (not to mention that both games are
      > >> more fun when you can play against someone else ;-).

      > > I suggested elsewhere that the LALUGS.Org metaorganization be used to
      > > aggregate across the various lugs in the area. Should be a lot easier
      > > to attain the magic number ten. UCLA, USC and SCLUG all have gamers
      > > wondering if they can make the quota.

      > I tried finding the LALUGS.Org mailing list, and I can't seem to find
      > anything beyond LULA listed there. Is there a central point of contact?
      >
      > --Chris

      I really haven't used it since we did the Eric Raymond talks, but I
      think you just post there as in any list. Dan Kegel is the canonical
      contact since he set it up. I tried adding a cc to the old address at
      onelist.com. Let's see if that still works.

      From http://www.lalugs.org/ I found this:

      Intergroup Coordination

      People interested in coordinating efforts between the various Los
      Angeles LUGs are invited to join the lalugs mailing list.

      The orginal contains a clickable URL for joining.

      John