Re: SCLUG and [U]SCLUG

  • Erik Hovland
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
      > > How about externally? Internally we would still like to use SCLUG. There
      > > are about 4 LUGs currently using the acronym SCLUG, so we were hoping that
      > > it wouldn't be a problem, but we are agreeable to some sort of compromise.
      >
      > It's not a big deal to me. I'm more worried about people who get
      > confused when there is two groups in LA area with the same name. This is
      > why I suggested the name.

      OK, I will tell the rest of the members of the USC LUG that the official
      external acronym is [U]SCLUG. The square brackets are there like the
      optional set on a man page.

      Sound fair?

      Erik Hovland
      SC Linux User Group President
      http://sclug.usc.edu/~ehovland/
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
        Erik Hovland wrote:
        > > How about USCLUG externally, and 'SCLUG internally?
        >
        > We are the new ones around here so rather then make a fight out of two
        > square brackets we will accept it. USCLUG externally, SCLUG internally.
        > Please forgive us if our URL doesn't change soon because it is out of our
        > control for the most part (we have to request a change in the DNS
        > tables from someone else).

        OK, I'll update lalugs.org.

        > So Simi-Conejo, since we just made up and are now differentiate by the U.
        > Will we see any of you at our coming installfest next week?

        (The above is my opinion alone, and not that of my employer)
      • Daniel Zahn
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
          Erik,

          > So Simi-Conejo, since we just made up and are now differentiate by the U.
          > Will we see any of you at our coming installfest next week?

          I can't be sure if any of our members will come but as said earlier we
          have many from L.A area who might be interested.

          Do I got the date right though? Thursday? 9-9-99? Weekdays are bad for
          just about all of our members. Which is why we always meet on weekends.

          If it was Saturday it would be doable. Our next meeting is the 11th
          though. I never quite figured out where USC was so if the driving time
          wasn't excessive I could possibly do both.

          Dan
        • Erik Hovland
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
            > > So Simi-Conejo, since we just made up and are now differentiate by the U.
            > > Will we see any of you at our coming installfest next week?
            >
            > I can't be sure if any of our members will come but as said earlier we
            > have many from L.A area who might be interested.
            >
            > Do I got the date right though? Thursday? 9-9-99? Weekdays are bad for
            > just about all of our members. Which is why we always meet on weekends.
            >
            > If it was Saturday it would be doable. Our next meeting is the 11th
            > though. I never quite figured out where USC was so if the driving time
            > wasn't excessive I could possibly do both.

            Well, it was a joke. I understand the work thing, I am personally taking a
            vacation day because I am in charge.

            All Simi-Conejo LUG members are welcome though, if they can come, even if
            it is on their lunch hour.