Installfest organization

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2001
      Up in Northern California, LUGOD appears to be doing
      a good job of organizing Installfests. Check out their page
      http://www.lugod.org/projects/installfest/

      It has
      a checklist of what to bring
      a release form
      a map
      a form for reserving a spot
      a flyer for those who want to help advertise
      a contact address if you want to volunteer to help

      Our local Installfests would do well to emulate the LUGOD example.

      Now, there's not a whole lot that's LUG-specific about this stuff;
      mostly the map and the flyer, plus the time slots. I wonder
      if lalugs.org could host a generic Installfest page service
      for use by the individual LUGs; they would provide the map and flyer
      and time slot choices, and lalugs.org would provide the rest.
      That would make it easier for the individual LUGs to get this
      stuff right, since they wouldn't have to reinvent it all.

      Comments?

      - Dan
    • John Wenger
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2001
        Dan Kegel wrote:

        > Up in Northern California, LUGOD appears to be doing
        > a good job of organizing Installfests. Check out their page
        > http://www.lugod.org/projects/installfest/
        >
        > It has
        > a checklist of what to bring
        > a release form
        > a map
        > a form for reserving a spot
        > a flyer for those who want to help advertise
        > a contact address if you want to volunteer to help
        >
        > Our local Installfests would do well to emulate the LUGOD example.
        >
        > Now, there's not a whole lot that's LUG-specific about this stuff;
        > mostly the map and the flyer, plus the time slots. I wonder
        > if lalugs.org could host a generic Installfest page service
        > for use by the individual LUGs; they would provide the map and flyer
        > and time slot choices, and lalugs.org would provide the rest.
        > That would make it easier for the individual LUGs to get this
        > stuff right, since they wouldn't have to reinvent it all.
        >
        > Comments?
        >
        > - Dan

        I think it is a good idea. Build it and see if they come.

        John
      • Ron Golan
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2001
          On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 08:41:37AM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
          > Up in Northern California, LUGOD appears to be doing
          > a good job of organizing Installfests. Check out their page
          > http://www.lugod.org/projects/installfest/
          >
          > It has
          > a checklist of what to bring
          > a release form
          > a map
          > a form for reserving a spot
          > a flyer for those who want to help advertise
          > a contact address if you want to volunteer to help
          >
          > Our local Installfests would do well to emulate the LUGOD example.
          >
          > Now, there's not a whole lot that's LUG-specific about this stuff;
          > mostly the map and the flyer, plus the time slots. I wonder
          > if lalugs.org could host a generic Installfest page service
          > for use by the individual LUGs; they would provide the map and flyer
          > and time slot choices, and lalugs.org would provide the rest.
          > That would make it easier for the individual LUGs to get this
          > stuff right, since they wouldn't have to reinvent it all.
          >
          > Comments?
          >
          > - Dan

          This example is a great model for LULA to work from. I'll help to
          adapt it to our needs.

          --
          Ron Golan
          rgolan@...