Web related seminar

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2001
      Dear Kind People,

      We have a very compelling presentation/seminar next Sat, March 10th.
      I very much appreciate you including this in your calendar if possible.

      DATE: March 10, 2001

      ORGANIZATION: Linuxatlax.org - Linux user group

      EVENT:"Powerful Web tools"-An Overview of
      Zope/Python and Roxen. Used in web
      application development and large scale
      distributed web content management

      SPEAKERS:Paul Everitt, co-founder of Digital
      Creations, Inc., is scheduled to speak
      about Zope/Python.
      Martin Bäehr will talk about the
      Roxen web server/platform

      TIME:10am to 4pm

      LOCATION:2555 West 190th Street, Torrance, CA
      90504-6002

      DETAILS: http://www.linuxatlax.org
      ibk@..., 310 354 5609

      COST: Free, as are all of our seminars

      The two speakers are very accomplished in their fields and I expect the
      session will be very well attended. It of course is going to be mostly
      technical, however I imagine that anyone involved in web development from
      any angle would benefit.

      We are lucky to have both of these presentations on the same day as they
      will be given in a complementary fashion. You can expect that there will
      be demonstrations and many other hands-on opportunities in the lab
      after sessions. Bring along a laptop or PC as you like and plug into the
      T3 line. We have two switches but I would suggest bringing a long patch
      cord.

      Thanks very much for your kind consideration in sharing this with your
      students, colleagues and others.

      BTW you can see the announcement over at
      http://209.85.55.10/Calendar2/Calendar.asp#Event43

      Hopefully this will be announced in the Los Angeles Times, Monday, in the
      "Cutting Edge" business section. Please let me know if you see it there.
      Thanks.