Re: Re: SCLUG Fall InstallFest

  • Daniel Zahn
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
      USC LUG.

      We need to sort something out. My group, Simi/Conejo Linux User Group
      has been around for about two years now calling ourself SCLUG. You guys
      came into existence recently and your calling yourself SCLUG. This
      normally wouldn't be a problem except for that fact we are both in the
      LA area.

      Since this list is for the LA groups I figured it was a good place to
      discuss this.

      Could you guys possibly use USCLUG?

      Thanks alot,
      Daniel Zahn
      SCLUG Founder
      sclug@...
    • Erik Hovland
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
        > Could you guys possibly use USCLUG?

        How about externally? Internally we would still like to use SCLUG. There
        are about 4 LUGs currently using the acronym SCLUG, so we were hoping that
        it wouldn't be a problem, but we are agreeable to some sort of compromise.

        Erik Hovland
        USC Linux User Group President
        http://sclug.usc.edu/~ehovland/
      • Daniel Zahn
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
          Erik,

          > How about externally? Internally we would still like to use SCLUG. There
          > are about 4 LUGs currently using the acronym SCLUG, so we were hoping that
          > it wouldn't be a problem, but we are agreeable to some sort of compromise.

          It's not a big deal to me. I'm more worried about people who get
          confused when there is two groups in LA area with the same name. This is
          why I suggested the name.

          Dan