[lula] MO drive beta testers wanted

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2000
      Olympus is looking for power users to beta test their MO drive
      under Linux. The drive is a 3.5", 640 megabyte, external SCSI unit.
      It's presumably about as fast as a hard drive, and is bootable.

      They have asked me to contact the Los Angeles area Linux User Groups
      and help them rustle up some beta testers.

      Each LUG is invited to send me a list of people who fit
      the following criteria:
      1) must be able to plug in an external SCSI drive
      2) must be willing to install the Olympus drive and stress it
      out through realistic usage
      3) must agree to fill out a questionaire at the
      end of the beta period

      Olympus will select the beta testers from this list. There
      are a limited number of drives (20 or so?) available.

      When the beta period is over, the beta testers would get to keep
      the drive, as long as they used it and gave the required feedback.

      So anyone who meets those criteria, please get together with your
      LUG and get your name on their list, and get them to send it to
      me by next Friday!
      - Dan
      dank@...
      http://www.lalugs.org