Webgrrls LA puts on workshops; could/should we, too?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2000
      Check out http://www.webgrrls-la.com/
      They have about the same membership as the combined
      LA linux user groups, I think, and manage to
      put on some good workshops periodically.

      I tagged along to one ("Basic HTML authoring"), which
      was held in a small classroom at AIU. The 20 attendees
      seemed to appreciate it, and it was a fairly focused event.
      The lecture cost $5.
      They also do workshops in a hands-on facility with computer provided;
      those cost $20 and require preregistration.

      I wonder if there's any need in the Linux community for
      one or the other of that kind of event. We do have
      our Installfests, and there are college classes, but
      there might be room for this kind of thing as well.

      Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.