LUG Fest III

  • Gareth J. Greenaway
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2000
      The Simi-Conejo Linux Users Group will be holding LUGFest III on October
      28th, 2000, in Simi Valley, California.

      A LUGFest is an opportunity for Linux users to demo Linux (or other Open
      Source operating systems), Linux applications, attend seminars, and BOF
      (Birds Of a Feather) sessions. Additionally, Linux vendors may
      participate and show off their wares.

      The last LUGFest was held on March 18, 2000, and was a great success.
      Over 200 Linux enthusiasts attended over the course of the afternoon.

      We had people come from Orange County, Santa Barbara, Santa Clarita, the
      South Bay area, all points in between, and also from out-of-state. Many
      Linux vendors donated stuff for giveways and raffles. Vendors who came
      with their wares were Corel, eLinux.com, VMware, Loki Entertainment, and
      Magic Software.

      If you have a special skill with Linux or a Linux application, or if
      you're a Linux vendor who would like to show off his products, SCLUG
      would love to have you participate in the October LUGFest! We've
      doubled the area available for the LUGFest, so we have plenty of room
      for you to show off your skills or products!

      For more info or to volunteer to do a demo, contact gareth@..., or
      visit http://lugfest.sclug.org