Re: [lalugs] eLinux event

  • John Wenger
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2000
      Charlie Blanchard wrote:

      > Hi Gang,
      >
      > I was unable to attend yesterday's eLinux dog-and-pony show. Do I
      > assume that since no one rushed to gush on any of the lists that
      > it was really No Big Deal...
      >
      > -cb

      What you missed were two superb content-rich presentations
      from John Terpstra covering some of the material you heard
      at LILAX, giving me a second chance to hear this material,
      and to catch some of the material that I missed at LILAX.

      I got thirsty and left the Compaq linux talk, bought a coke,
      and then checked out the vendors, smelled pizza, and got a
      free lunch, got two free t-shirts, some pens, etc.

      I learned about a telephone appliance for free Internet
      telephony that you grandmother could use to talk on the
      Internet free for life, and so could your grand daughter.
      Works on both dsl and dialup; both under $200. The device
      is about the size of your fist, and you just plug in phones
      plus dsl or a modem line, and start talking for free on your
      local phone/dsl line. I may buy this for my parents who are
      computer phobic.

      Plus there was a cd for $79 for setting up a SOHO, firewall,
      dsl connection.

      Several excellent conversations. Well worth my time.

      John