Re: SCLUG Fall InstallFest

  • Erik Hovland
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1 9:25 AM
      > I think you mean 11am - 5pm, not 1am.

      You mean you don't want to install machines for 16 hours ;). Sorry, typo
      on my part, the official time is 11am-5pm.

      --
      Erik Hovland
      SC Linux User Group President
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1 5:47 PM
        USC LUG.

        We need to sort something out. My group, Simi/Conejo Linux User Group
        has been around for about two years now calling ourself SCLUG. You guys
        came into existence recently and your calling yourself SCLUG. This
        normally wouldn't be a problem except for that fact we are both in the
        LA area.

        Since this list is for the LA groups I figured it was a good place to
        discuss this.

        Could you guys possibly use USCLUG?

        Thanks alot,
        Daniel Zahn
        SCLUG Founder
        sclug@...
      • Erik Hovland
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1 9:07 PM
          > Could you guys possibly use USCLUG?

          How about externally? Internally we would still like to use SCLUG. There
          are about 4 LUGs currently using the acronym SCLUG, so we were hoping that
          it wouldn't be a problem, but we are agreeable to some sort of compromise.

          Erik Hovland
          USC Linux User Group President
          http://sclug.usc.edu/~ehovland/
        • Daniel Zahn
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1 10:00 PM
            Erik,

            > How about externally? Internally we would still like to use SCLUG. There
            > are about 4 LUGs currently using the acronym SCLUG, so we were hoping that
            > it wouldn't be a problem, but we are agreeable to some sort of compromise.

            It's not a big deal to me. I'm more worried about people who get
            confused when there is two groups in LA area with the same name. This is
            why I suggested the name.

            Dan