Re: Example of Publicity for a Local Linux Event

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2000
      John Wenger wrote:
      > Here's an example of publicity using a small national news
      > outlet for the upcoming Lilax seminar on Samba, etc. this
      > Saturday.
      >
      > http://linuxmall.com/news/?1,24&SID=a8c4536bd39d8fd0a718fdb05f6c831d.

      That looks like a very nice press release. Kudos to Michelle Head.

      For what it's worth, here are the other outlets that event was publicised
      in, who posted, and when, in order:

      April 1: Ismet's post on lalugs:
      http://www.onelist.com/message/lalugs/190?

      April 1: my post to la.seminars and comp.os.linux.misc
      (mostly just a retouched version of Ismet's post):
      http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=605408596&fmt=text

      April 1: my post to LinuxToday
      http://linuxtoday.com/story.php3?sn=19370

      April 6: my April 1 post to LWN shows up in their weekly section
      http://lwn.net/2000/0406/announce.phtml

      April 6: Michelle's post to linuxmall:
      http://linuxmall.com/news/?1,24&SID=a8c4536bd39d8fd0a718fdb05f6c831d

      I posted to comp.os.linux.announce on April 1st, but it hasn't appeared.
      It's a moderated newsgroup, and all posts must be approved by a volunteer
      moderator. Note: don't crosspost to moderated groups; the whole post
      gets mailed to the moderator rather than posted.

      With more than a week's lead time, we could get into non-Linux-oriented
      news outlets, too.

      I'm curious -- Michelle, where did you first hear about Ismet's event?
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2000
        Michelle was kind enough to create the piece after I asked her. I
        contacted her after reading several of her stories.

        regards,

        Ismet

        Ismet Kursunoglu
        ibk@...