SCLUG Fall InstallFest

  • Erik Hovland
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 1999
      The recently formed USC Linux User Group is holding it's first Fall
      Semester InstallFest and what is our first InstallFest as a group.

      It will be a 6 hour event with plenty of on-site help to get linux
      installed on your box. Those familiar with InstallFests are welcome to
      come help out.

      Details:
      When: 1999-09-09, 1am-5pm.
      Where: TSC-206, University Park Campus

      We will have give aways of some CDs, t-shirts, posters and other tacky
      techno items.

      If you want to help I would appreciate a heads up so I can have a good
      idea as to who will be there. Also include any items you plan on bringing
      (power strips, NICs, etc.).

      Erik Hovland
      SC Linux User Group President
      http://sclug.usc.edu/~ehovland/
    • Erik Hovland
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
        > I think you mean 11am - 5pm, not 1am.

        You mean you don't want to install machines for 16 hours ;). Sorry, typo
        on my part, the official time is 11am-5pm.

        --
        Erik Hovland
        SC Linux User Group President
        http://sclug.usc.edu/~ehovland/
      • Daniel Zahn
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
          USC LUG.

          We need to sort something out. My group, Simi/Conejo Linux User Group
          has been around for about two years now calling ourself SCLUG. You guys
          came into existence recently and your calling yourself SCLUG. This
          normally wouldn't be a problem except for that fact we are both in the
          LA area.

          Since this list is for the LA groups I figured it was a good place to
          discuss this.

          Could you guys possibly use USCLUG?

          Thanks alot,
          Daniel Zahn
          SCLUG Founder
          sclug@...
        • Erik Hovland
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
            > Could you guys possibly use USCLUG?

            How about externally? Internally we would still like to use SCLUG. There
            are about 4 LUGs currently using the acronym SCLUG, so we were hoping that
            it wouldn't be a problem, but we are agreeable to some sort of compromise.

            Erik Hovland
            USC Linux User Group President
            http://sclug.usc.edu/~ehovland/
          • Daniel Zahn
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 1999
              Erik,

              > How about externally? Internally we would still like to use SCLUG. There
              > are about 4 LUGs currently using the acronym SCLUG, so we were hoping that
              > it wouldn't be a problem, but we are agreeable to some sort of compromise.

              It's not a big deal to me. I'm more worried about people who get
              confused when there is two groups in LA area with the same name. This is
              why I suggested the name.

              Dan