Re: Installfest promotion ideas

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 1999
      Ismet Kursunoglu wrote:
      > Linuxatlax - http://www.linuxatlax.org is sponsoring a full day
      > of demos, installs etc.. as part of the Linux Demo Day
      > http://www.linuxdemo.org
      >
      > Our day will be a bit early and occur during our regular meeting cycle-
      > but last from 10am to 5 pm.
      >
      > If any of you would like to join us or refer folks over please do so.
      > I have been trying to get some sponsors for donations- waiting for the
      > beta from Corel's distribution; SuSE and Caldera are sending things as
      > well as other groups who are supporting the event. (see the
      > home page above).

      Cool.

      > Is any other group planning something during this week? Could we create
      > a meta- lug install fest for that week, late notice but maybe with some
      > press coverage we could get folks mobilized.

      Yes. If you look at http://www.lalugs.org, you'll see that
      LILAX, OCLUG, and Simi-Conejo LUG are all listed at
      www.linuxdemo.org as official participants, and USC is planning
      an installfest for 9/9 (three days before Demo Day).

      If someone wants to design a flier that mentions all four
      events, plus maybe the LULA installfest on 9/19,
      it might make it easier for the rest of us to help out.
      I'd be glad to put up a few fliers...

      In fact, maybe I'll post a little announcement to la.general
      and la.seminars.

      (The above is my opinion alone, and not that of my employer)