Re: [lalugs] Re: Corel Linux Roadshow, LA, April 4th

  • sysop
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2000
      CerritosLUG,

      Please mark your calendar!

      CERRITOS LINUX USER GROUP WILL PARTICIPATE......

      Please send all correspondence and coordination issue directly to
      roger@...

      thanks,
      Roger Baello
      Coordinator
      CerritosLUG

      On Thu, 09 Mar 2000, you wrote:
      > From: Dan Kegel <dank@...>
      >
      > Corel User Group wrote:
      > > I retrieved your email address from the linux.org site. Corel will be
      > > showcasing our newest Linux products during our Linux Roadshow during
      > > the first week of April.
      > >
      > > We are offering Linux User Groups the opportunity to promote their
      > > groups by providing a display table during our Roadshow. Would your
      > > group be interested in participating?
      > >
      > > I have attached the schedule as well as the invitation for you to
      > > review. [ http://www.corel.com/roadshow/ ]
      > > If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
      > >
      > > Best regards,
      > > Ginette Miron
      > > Field Marketing Programs Manager
      >
      > Hi Ginette,
      > thanks for the invitation! lalugs.org is an umbrella group serving
      > several Los Angeles LUGs. I'll forward your message to our coordination
      > list, and people there will forward it to the individual LUG lists.
      > I'm pretty sure we'll want a table!
      >
      > Any LA LUGs interested in manning a display table on April 4th at
      > Corel's event at the Los Angeles Marriott (333 South Figueroa St., downtown LA)
      > please email lalugs@onelist.com and let's plan. The show has two shifts,
      > 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
      > We probably want to put together fliers promoting the various LA LUGs,
      > and have someone at the table to answer questions and find out what
      > the attendees are into.

      > MAXIMIZE YOUR CARD, MINIMIZE YOUR RATE!
      > Apply NOW!

      Roger Baello
      Meeting Coordinator
      Cerritos Linux User Group
      roger@...
      cc:baello@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2000
        Hi Steve,

        Several folks on irc this evening inquired about attending this event in
        LA and noticed on the web site that the sessions are sold out (
        http://www.corel.com/roadshow/schedule2000.htm )

        Any chance that there are still some seats available? Thanks very much.

        I include a past posting from Dan. Guess we should have moved faster!
        No matter it is great to see it is sold out. Con-grads.

        Ismet
        ibk@...
        Direct 310 546 4320