Re: Corel Linux Roadshow, LA, April 4th

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2000
      Corel User Group wrote:
      > I retrieved your email address from the linux.org site. Corel will be
      > showcasing our newest Linux products during our Linux Roadshow during
      > the first week of April.
      >
      > We are offering Linux User Groups the opportunity to promote their
      > groups by providing a display table during our Roadshow. Would your
      > group be interested in participating?
      >
      > I have attached the schedule as well as the invitation for you to
      > review. [ http://www.corel.com/roadshow/ ]
      > If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Ginette Miron
      > Field Marketing Programs Manager

      Hi Ginette,
      thanks for the invitation! lalugs.org is an umbrella group serving
      several Los Angeles LUGs. I'll forward your message to our coordination
      list, and people there will forward it to the individual LUG lists.
      I'm pretty sure we'll want a table!

      Any LA LUGs interested in manning a display table on April 4th at
      Corel's event at the Los Angeles Marriott (333 South Figueroa St., downtown LA)
      please email lalugs@onelist.com and let's plan. The show has two shifts,
      1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
      We probably want to put together fliers promoting the various LA LUGs,
      and have someone at the table to answer questions and find out what
      the attendees are into.

      - Dan
    • sysop
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2000
        CerritosLUG,

        Please mark your calendar!

        CERRITOS LINUX USER GROUP WILL PARTICIPATE......

        Please send all correspondence and coordination issue directly to
        roger@...

        thanks,
        Roger Baello
        Coordinator
        CerritosLUG

        On Thu, 09 Mar 2000, you wrote:
        > From: Dan Kegel <dank@...>
        >
        > Corel User Group wrote:
        > > I retrieved your email address from the linux.org site. Corel will be
        > > showcasing our newest Linux products during our Linux Roadshow during
        > > the first week of April.
        > >
        > > We are offering Linux User Groups the opportunity to promote their
        > > groups by providing a display table during our Roadshow. Would your
        > > group be interested in participating?
        > >
        > > I have attached the schedule as well as the invitation for you to
        > > review. [ http://www.corel.com/roadshow/ ]
        > > If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
        > >
        > > Best regards,
        > > Ginette Miron
        > > Field Marketing Programs Manager
        >
        > Hi Ginette,
        > thanks for the invitation! lalugs.org is an umbrella group serving
        > several Los Angeles LUGs. I'll forward your message to our coordination
        > list, and people there will forward it to the individual LUG lists.
        > I'm pretty sure we'll want a table!
        >
        > Any LA LUGs interested in manning a display table on April 4th at
        > Corel's event at the Los Angeles Marriott (333 South Figueroa St., downtown LA)
        > please email lalugs@onelist.com and let's plan. The show has two shifts,
        > 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
        > We probably want to put together fliers promoting the various LA LUGs,
        > and have someone at the table to answer questions and find out what
        > the attendees are into.

        > MAXIMIZE YOUR CARD, MINIMIZE YOUR RATE!
        > Apply NOW!

        Roger Baello
        Meeting Coordinator
        Cerritos Linux User Group
        roger@...
        cc:baello@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 10:58 PM
          Hi Steve,

          Several folks on irc this evening inquired about attending this event in
          LA and noticed on the web site that the sessions are sold out (
          http://www.corel.com/roadshow/schedule2000.htm )

          Any chance that there are still some seats available? Thanks very much.

          I include a past posting from Dan. Guess we should have moved faster!
          No matter it is great to see it is sold out. Con-grads.

          Ismet
          ibk@...
          Direct 310 546 4320