Re: LUG Fest

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2000
      gareth@... wrote:

      > Okay folks, its the New Year and I haven't seen any activity from any of
      > the other lalugs in regard to the LUG Fest which is scheduled for March
      > 18th. We've gotten a bunch of sponsors and are expecting more before the
      > day of the event. However, I haven't seen any indication from any of the
      > other lugs as to wheter anyone from there is planning to attend or wishes
      > to demo something there. Has anyone notified their repsective LUG? And if
      > so what was the response? Positive? Negative? Non-existant? Anyways, just
      > curious. Lemme know.
      >
      > Gareth J. Greenaway
      > SCLUG - http://www.sclug.org

      I certainly wouldn't want to miss your next LUG Fest- the one last year
      was terrific. Should I make an annoucement this Sat at the Linuxatlax
      meeting?

      BTW looking forward to seeing as many folks as possible at the next
      lilax
      meeting ( see http://www.linuxatlax.org for details)as the folks from
      Ecrix will be putting on a good show- plus giving away a very nice high
      end backup drive. (they claim that the VXA tape drive tape drive can
      restore data from tapes "that have been
      boiled, frozen, and dunked in hot coffee." )

      thanks,

      Ismet
    • gareth@xxxxx.xxxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2000
        Just to let everyone know there are now flyers available for lug fest
        promotion, http://lugfest.sclug.org/lugfest-flyer/flyer.html . Also,
        Loki games has informed me that they will be attended and demoing Quake
        III Arena as well as others.

        Gareth