RE: LUG Fest

  • Frank Keeney
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2000
      Gareth,

      I'm interested.

      I'm in the SGVLUG, I have my own company, Pasadena Networks, Inc. where I
      support Linux amoung other platforms.

      I'd like to be involved. I'd like to show the following:

      The total Linux office:

      Linux file and print services for Linux and MS Windows computers.
      StarOffice and document sharing between MS Windows and Linux.
      Linux mail server and firewall for the Internet.

      How many people do you expect to visit the show?

      Frank

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2000
        gareth@... wrote:

        > Okay folks, its the New Year and I haven't seen any activity from any of
        > the other lalugs in regard to the LUG Fest which is scheduled for March
        > 18th. We've gotten a bunch of sponsors and are expecting more before the
        > day of the event. However, I haven't seen any indication from any of the
        > other lugs as to wheter anyone from there is planning to attend or wishes
        > to demo something there. Has anyone notified their repsective LUG? And if
        > so what was the response? Positive? Negative? Non-existant? Anyways, just
        > curious. Lemme know.
        >
        > Gareth J. Greenaway
        > SCLUG - http://www.sclug.org

        I certainly wouldn't want to miss your next LUG Fest- the one last year
        was terrific. Should I make an annoucement this Sat at the Linuxatlax
        meeting?

        BTW looking forward to seeing as many folks as possible at the next
        lilax
        meeting ( see http://www.linuxatlax.org for details)as the folks from
        Ecrix will be putting on a good show- plus giving away a very nice high
        end backup drive. (they claim that the VXA tape drive tape drive can
        restore data from tapes "that have been
        boiled, frozen, and dunked in hot coffee." )

        thanks,

        Ismet
      • gareth@xxxxx.xxxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2000
          Just to let everyone know there are now flyers available for lug fest
          promotion, http://lugfest.sclug.org/lugfest-flyer/flyer.html . Also,
          Loki games has informed me that they will be attended and demoing Quake
          III Arena as well as others.

          Gareth