LUG Fest

  • gareth@xxxxx.xxxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2000
      Okay folks, its the New Year and I haven't seen any activity from any of
      the other lalugs in regard to the LUG Fest which is scheduled for March
      18th. We've gotten a bunch of sponsors and are expecting more before the
      day of the event. However, I haven't seen any indication from any of the
      other lugs as to wheter anyone from there is planning to attend or wishes
      to demo something there. Has anyone notified their repsective LUG? And if
      so what was the response? Positive? Negative? Non-existant? Anyways, just
      curious. Lemme know.

      Gareth J. Greenaway
      SCLUG - http://www.sclug.org
      LUG Fest - http://lugfest.sclug.org
    • Frank Keeney
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2000
        Gareth,

        I'm interested.

        I'm in the SGVLUG, I have my own company, Pasadena Networks, Inc. where I
        support Linux amoung other platforms.

        I'd like to be involved. I'd like to show the following:

        The total Linux office:

        Linux file and print services for Linux and MS Windows computers.
        StarOffice and document sharing between MS Windows and Linux.
        Linux mail server and firewall for the Internet.

        How many people do you expect to visit the show?

        Frank

        Okay folks, its the New Year and I haven't seen any activity from any of
        the other lalugs in regard to the LUG Fest which is scheduled for March
        18th. We've gotten a bunch of sponsors and are expecting more before the
        day of the event. However, I haven't seen any indication from any of the
        other lugs as to wheter anyone from there is planning to attend or wishes
        to demo something there. Has anyone notified their repsective LUG? And if
        so what was the response? Positive? Negative? Non-existant? Anyways, just
        curious. Lemme know.

        Gareth J. Greenaway
        SCLUG - http://www.sclug.org
        LUG Fest - http://lugfest.sclug.org

        Hey Freelancers: Find your next project through JobSwarm!
        You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends.

        and reply to the confirmation email we send you.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2000
          gareth@... wrote:

          > Okay folks, its the New Year and I haven't seen any activity from any of
          > the other lalugs in regard to the LUG Fest which is scheduled for March
          > 18th. We've gotten a bunch of sponsors and are expecting more before the
          > day of the event. However, I haven't seen any indication from any of the
          > other lugs as to wheter anyone from there is planning to attend or wishes
          > to demo something there. Has anyone notified their repsective LUG? And if
          > so what was the response? Positive? Negative? Non-existant? Anyways, just
          > curious. Lemme know.
          >
          > Gareth J. Greenaway
          > SCLUG - http://www.sclug.org

          I certainly wouldn't want to miss your next LUG Fest- the one last year
          was terrific. Should I make an annoucement this Sat at the Linuxatlax
          meeting?

          BTW looking forward to seeing as many folks as possible at the next
          lilax
          meeting ( see http://www.linuxatlax.org for details)as the folks from
          Ecrix will be putting on a good show- plus giving away a very nice high
          end backup drive. (they claim that the VXA tape drive tape drive can
          restore data from tapes "that have been
          boiled, frozen, and dunked in hot coffee." )

          thanks,

          Ismet
        • gareth@xxxxx.xxxx
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2000
            Just to let everyone know there are now flyers available for lug fest
            promotion, http://lugfest.sclug.org/lugfest-flyer/flyer.html . Also,
            Loki games has informed me that they will be attended and demoing Quake
            III Arena as well as others.

            Gareth